As members of this Parish we commit ourselves to care for one another safely. Safeguarding is at the heart of everything that we do. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability, both seen and unseen, and that each of us may be regarded as at risk at some time in our lives.
We commit ourselves to:
- the safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their wellbeing in the life of this church
- promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk.
- recruiting safely, following the recognised procedures.
- supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children/young people and adults who might be at risk.
If you have any concerns regarding the welfare of anyone who might be at risk in our parish please contact ;
Jenny Stirling- Parish Safeguarding Officer – Tel 01434 600509
Ruth Rogan – Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor – Tel. 07825 167 016
Vicar rev. Andrew Patterson- Tel 01434 673379
You can also find more information on Safeguarding on the Diocesan website here – www.newcastle.anglican.org/safeguarding/ and a downloadable leaflet is available here called ‘You will be listened to’ which gives information and help on how to report abuse within the church and how the church will respond.
Our policy is reviewed each year by the Parochial Church Council and re-affirmed at the Annual Meeting. You can download the policy here